Your role as a Cook will include oversight of the food preparation process, following of recipes and the selection of the items in the prepared foods case as well as eat-in hot meal options. You will ensure a positive company image by providing legendary service to customers and team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:• Support the Kitchen Team Lead and Market Manager with all kitchen functions
• Prepare Kitchen products according to standardized recipes.
• Guide completion of daily prep lists and job assignments.
• Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
• Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects.
• Accept and process product from Receiver.
• Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
• Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
• Good communicator and motivator; able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
• Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
• An ability to lift or carry items up to 40 pounds
• A passion for food
• Food Safe Course training is an asset
Just like finishing a hard day's work on the farm, working at Sunterra will provide you with a sense of ownership, pride and the satisfaction of a job well done. You'll feel a sense of belonging when you join our growing Sunterra family as well as a sense of fulfilment as Full time and part-time Team Members will receive a discount of 50% off selected prepared foods when enjoyed in-store (these items vary by location).
The seeds of Sunterra took root on the Price family farm over forty years ago in Acme, AB. With gratitude for land that has been in their family for decades, the Price family decided to name their company after the very things that helped nourish their business - the sun and the earth - and Sunterra was born.
Roll up your sleeves and apply today!