Duties and Responsibilities:• Plan and direct food preparation
• Ensure the use of all preparation and sanitary charts and methods
• Consult with the standardization chef and management on quantities and recipes
• Supervise commissary Team Members
• Ensure food meets quality standards
• Follow established and standardized Sunterra guidelines and recipes
• Recruit, hire and train Team Members
Qualifications:The position requires an individual with proven team management skills, excellent multi-tasking and task management skills, organizational and time management skills, and the ability to continually drive the business forward. Specifically, the ideal applicant possess the following qualifications and attributes:
• A minimum of 3 years previous supervisory experience in a commercial kitchen is required.
• Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented
• Good communicator and motivator; able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
• Love and knowledge of food.
• Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
• Post secondary qualifications are considered a strong asset
• Food Safety Course certification
• Constant standing/walking
• Frequent stooping, or occasional kneeling
• Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50lbs
• Exposure to heat and cold environments
Sunterra Quality Food Markets are Alberta-based, family owned fresh food markets. Our pork and beef products come from our farms and our produce is shipped direct from growers' fields. Our expert chefs create their handcrafted meals with the freshest of ingredients. We are committed to not only selling quality foods, but to providing our customers with the tools needed to enjoy wholesome meals.
Sunterra’s unique concept is not the only differentiating quality that separates us from other grocery retailers. There are also the opportunities for career growth that comes with a rapidly expanding company. A position at Sunterra will ensure significant Starbucks and in-store Sunterra discounts, a Health Spending Account, flexible scheduling, and an opportunity to grow your career with us!
Roll up your sleeves and apply today!