Duties and Responsibilities:• Support the Commissary Team Lead with all kitchen functions
• Prepare Kitchen products according to standardized recipes
• Guide completion of daily prep lists and job assignments
• Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated
• Accept and process product from Receiver
• Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms
Qualifications:• Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
• Good communicator and motivator; able to work well with others and convey enthusiasm.
• Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
• An ability to lift or carry items up to 40 pounds
• A passion for food
• Food Safe Course training is an asset
• Previous prep and commercial kitchen experience considered an asset
Sunterra Quality Food Markets are Alberta-based, family owned fresh food markets. Our pork and beef products come from our farms and our produce is shipped direct from growers' fields. Our expert chefs create their handcrafted meals with the freshest of ingredients. We are committed to not only selling quality foods, but to providing our customers with the tools needed to enjoy wholesome meals.
Sunterra’s unique concept is not the only differentiating quality that separates us from other grocery retailers. There are also the opportunities for career growth that comes with a rapidly expanding company. A position at Sunterra will ensure significant Starbucks and in-store Sunterra discounts, a Health Spending Account, flexible scheduling, and an opportunity to grow your career with us!
Roll up your sleeves and apply today!