We are looking for someone to to lead a from scratch production department of approximately 30 Team Members - No previous bakery experience? That's not a problem - We are looking for someone who would be described as a true entrepreneur, a people person who is driven to succeed.
Duties and Responsibilities:*Summary of key Responsibilities*
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
*Training team members to provide superior “legendary” customer service
* Ensure all standardized recipes are being followed without deviation
* Coaching and developing of team members on daily tasks
* Reporting any recipe errors or concerns immediately to the market chef/Market Management
* Ensure proper sanitation procedures are being followed, with regular follow up, including, but not limited to sanitation sheets, temperature checks, sani buckets and Ecolab spray bottles
* Responsible for all assigned orders and ensuring the order guides are being completed properly
* Setting routines for team members to follow in order to monitor production levels
* Updating and weekly follow up with prep charts in order to reduce waste and continually have full and abundant showcase selection
* Proper use of company systems which include: Pars; production charts; routines and waste sheets
* Weekly meetings with the management team to discuss sales and action plans for sales increase
* Monthly inventory of Bakery department
* Checking orders to guarantee accuracy, signing off on invoices.
* Completing store to store transfers properly.
*Planning and Execution*
* Product utilization, planning ahead to reduce amount of waste
* Follow through with routines to maximize productivity and work on time management
* Keeping productive, ensuring tasks are being completed in specified time frame
* Working with management to set weekly featured items to maximize sales
* Covering bakery shifts if a team member is ill or has to leave early.
* If the night bake or any of the bakery shifts need to be covered the bakery team leader is responsible for covering or finding an able team member to cover the shift.
* Proactively request customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community
* Following correct protocol and forms when requesting information or assistance from the Head Office.
* Work with management team in order to utilize management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in Bakery performance.
*Team Member Development & Team Building*
* Providing Bakery Team Members with, coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities, and building effective teams.
* Actively manages Bakery Team Members and works with the Management team to regularly conduct performance assessments (3 month, 6 month, one year & annually) providing feedback, and setting challenging goals to improve Team Member performance.
* Follow up with Bakery team on performance, verbal and written warnings depending on the issues.
* Ensuring the team members know their tasks and what they are responsible for completing before leaving for the day. Daily follow up to make sure tasks were completed.
* Setting up daily and weekly targets for bakery items, with main focus on items which are down over previous year, these should be reviewed with the bakery team and the market manager at the weekly meetings.
* Following up with bakery team on previous days sales, highlighting positive items and addressing areas we need to focus on or change.
* Maintaining a full, colorful and abundant showcase, with attention to product rotation signage.
* Responsible for all promotional and holiday roll-outs
* Setting par levels for the feature items to ensure no stock-outs
Qualifications:* Previous commercial bakery experience
* Previous management or supervisory experience
* Food Safe and WHMIS Certificates considered an asset
The seeds of Sunterra took root on the Price family farm over forty years ago in Acme, AB. With gratitude for land that has been in their family for decades, the Price family decided to name their company after the very things that helped nourish their business - the sun and the earth - and Sunterra was born.Sunterra not only includes everyone at Sunterra Market, but our folks at Sunterra Farms and Sunterra Meats as well. We are farmers, butchers, chefs, bakers and baristas. But above all else, we are passionate food experts; our team genuinely cares about excellence, sustainability, and supporting our local partners and communities.
Just like finishing a hard day's work on the farm, working at Sunterra will provide you with a sense of ownership, pride and the satisfaction of a job well done. You'll feel a sense of belonging when you join our growing Sunterra family as well as a sense of fulfilment as Full time and part-time Team Members will receive a discount of 50% off selected prepared foods when enjoyed in-store (these items vary by location). Roll up your sleeves and apply today!