Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist and support the Produce Team Leader with all departmental functions.
• Follow through on all customer questions and requests.
• Clean, peel, slice and trim vegetables and fruits for ready-to-serve offerings.
• Prepare ready to serve products such as Sunterra’s freshly squeezed juices.
• Keep all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
• Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
• Maintain accurate retail pricing and signage.
• Oversee sampling of department products to customers.
• Be aware of new products and their placement.
• Know and practice proper lifting techniques and safe use of all tools and equipment.
• Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
• Report safety violations and hazards immediately; maintain department security.
• Regular attendance is essential.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Department Team Lead
• Must be self-motivated, Team and solution-oriented.
• Excellent customer service skills are required
• Ability to communicate with customers and Team Members effectively.
• Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
• Some exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
• May walk and work on uneven surfaces.
• Requires some reaching above and below shoulder height.
• Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation.
• May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
• Some exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
• Repetitive stretching and lifting required.
• Items over 40 pounds require a team lift.
Just like finishing a hard day's work on the farm, working at Sunterra will provide you with a sense of ownership, pride and the satisfaction of a job well done. You'll feel a sense of belonging when you join our growing Sunterra family as well as a sense of fulfillment as full time and part-time Team Members will receive a discount of 50% off selected prepared foods when enjoyed in-store (these items vary by location).
Sunterra’s unique concept is not the only differentiating quality that separates us from other grocery retailers. There's also the opportunity for career growth that comes with a rapidly expanding company. A position at Sunterra will ensure significant in-store discounts, a Health and Dental Spending Account (Full Time Team Members), flexible scheduling, and an opportunity to grow your career with us!
Roll up your sleeves and apply today!