You will provide exceptional customer service while producing, serving, and selling the highest quality foods while abiding by the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and sanitation. The focus of this role is producing, from beginning to end, the featured products produced in this location, from baking through to packaging and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:• Produce various bakery products, abiding by Sunterra recipes and standards
• Properly package and wrap products for retail sale.
• Keep department supplies filled and maintained.
• Take special orders and inform the Team Lead.
• Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
• Practice safe use of all tools and equipment required by the position.
• Practice proper care and maintenance of all equipment.
• Know and practice proper lifting techniques.
• Wrap and store unused products in coolers
• Adhere to cleaning and maintenance schedules.
• Attend all department, store and training meetings when scheduled
• Answer telephones with proper etiquette when time permits.
• Wash dishes and utensils when necessary.
• Regular attendance is essential.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead/Market Manager.
Qualifications:• 2 Years previous experience in a commercial bakery is required
• Can lift a minimum of 15 up to 40 pounds.
• Must have a passion food
• Able to communicate effectively with others and convey enthusiasm.
• Possess some guest service experience.
• Must be self-motivated and solution-oriented.
• Is available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Just like finishing a hard day's work on the farm, working at Sunterra will provide you with a sense of ownership, pride and the satisfaction of a job well done. You'll feel a sense of belonging when you join our growing Sunterra family as well as a sense of fulfillment as Full time and part-time Team Members will receive a discount of 50% off selected prepared foods when enjoyed in-store (these items vary by location).
The seeds of Sunterra took root on the Price family farm over forty years ago in Acme, AB. With gratitude for land that has been in their family for decades, the Price family decided to name their company after the very things that helped nourish their business - the sun and the earth - and Sunterra was born.
Roll up your sleeves and apply today!